DBS Regional Outreach Service – Greater London
Kiran wil be joining the LCAS RM v-meeting on July 6th, so you have the opportunity to raise points then.
The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) has launched a new Regional Outreach Service to focus on working collaboratively with safeguarding and recruiting organisations. The aim is to work closer with organisations and networks to build and develop relationships, acting as a single point of contact for all DBS related enquiries within their region.
Kiran Rehal is the DBS Regional Outreach Advisor for Greater London and will be based in the region. She is available to discuss all matters in relation to DBS, as well as support you and your colleagues in safeguarding and safer recruitment.
Kiran is able to work with you and your organisation in a number of ways, including:
- Answering phone calls or emails to clarify any DBS related queries/questions or advice
- Attending meetings, training, conferences or visiting organisations to have a face to face discussion (in lines with pandemic restrictions)
- Developing and delivering presentations, workshops, webinars or discussions to provide an overview of DBS and safer recruitment
- Taking any feedback, suggestions or comments from DBS experiences and feeding this back into the business
- Helping to understand what level of check can be applied for and what information these checks will provide
- Informing organisations and employers of their duty or power to refer individuals who may pose a future risk of harm within regulated activity. Including an overview of:
- How to make barring referrals;
- When should a referral be made and
- How DBS assess whether a referred person should be included on the
Children’s and/or Adults’ Barred List.
If you have any questions regarding the DBS or would like any further information, please do contact Kiran:
Tel: 0300 105 3081