Helping International Recruitments who have no work, or support system
To try and clarify what support the local authority can give.
- For families with children, Local Authorities (LAs) have responsibilities under Children legislation and they should approach their local authority
- For adults LAs have limited powers under the Human Rights Act – as they have to meet the need for Care and Support (under the Care Act) ie those with care and support needs who, without support, would experience a breach of their human rights- anything else is prohibited by s21 Care Act). But they may be able to make local referrals to support organisations.
- The Home Office have a key role to play in supporting those who have been exploited but we understand this is not always the route they wish to take.
- Lastly – some places to seek advice …..
- Turn 2 Us – is a charity search service where people can find support charities near them or where they might meet the charities criteria to assist Tackling Financial Insecurity Together | Turn2us
- The Care Workers Charity – Crisis Grant – The Care Workers Charity but their Cris Fund closes when they have issued this months allowance….
- This is the web page for the Shelter where they set out what help might be available. Claiming benefits if you have no recourse to public funds – Shelter England this page also sets out where people might get more specialist advice on immigration from.