|Welcome to the Keeping Well North West London – April 2022 newsletter|
|In this issue:
· You said, we listened: explore our new website updates
· Financial wellbeing: support for health and social care staff
· Practice free Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
· Long Covid: Join one of our support groups
· Are you following our latest wellbeing challenges?
· Invite us to your next staff event or presentation
|Message from Dr Chloe Schneider, Clinical Lead|
|Welcome to the April edition of our Keeping Well North West London update.
It’s nearly the end of Stress Awareness Month (1 April to 31 April). While it’s completely normal to feel stressed – chronic or excessive stress can be a significant problem. It’s important to recognise these signs or feelings and how to overcome them.
For more advice and tips visit our coping with stress self-help resource page. If you are unsure about needing further support, you might want to complete the self-assessment questionnaires to find out more about your symptoms.
Remember we offer support through our live chat with one of our wellbeing professionals. You can contact us via:
· Our live chat (Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm)
· Phone 0300 123 1705 (Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm)
· Email firstname.lastname@example.org
· Or complete our online referral form
Dr Chloe Schneider, Clinical Lead
|You said, we listened: Explore our new website updates|
|You might have spotted a few website changes since our last update.|
You will be able to find all our self-help resources now on our main website.
Browse all the categories here such as:
· Common problems (coping with stress, managing anxieties and worries, low mood and depression, sleep etc)
· Covid-19 and Living with Post Covid Syndrome (Long Covid)
· Mindfulness and relaxation
We’ve added the option to translate our website pages to another language. Find this option to translate on the top right corner banner throughout our website.
A search bar has been added which allows you to find pages and resources quickly.
|Financial wellbeing: support for health and social care staff|
|Money worries can have a huge impact on our mental health – financial stress can lead to a variety of common feelings such as anxiety and worry.
Find free, impartial and confidential advice:
The Money Helper (formerly known as the Money Advice Service) are providing all NHS employees with free and independent financial support.
· Free telephone: 0800 448 0826
· Whatsapp: Add 07701 342744 to your WhatsApp and send the Money Advice Service’s national support team a message for help with sorting out your debts, credit questions and pensions guidance.
· Webchat: Chat to Money Helper Service team via their online portal
We have listed more places offering financial wellbeing support, find out more by visiting our financial advice, discounts and offers page.
|Practice free Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)|
|Join Peter Helmer, our NHS mindfulness practitioner for an eight week MBSR programme free to all health and social care staff in North West London.
Please note spaces are limited!
What is MBSR?
|MBSR is based on a form of meditation known as mindfulness.
What is included in the eight week MBSR course?
· Recognising the present moment
· Perception and creative responding
· Stress reactivity: the ways we often cope by escape or denial
· Stress response techniques to situations and experiences
· Applying mindfulness
· Practicing mindfulness in everyday life
How to join?
Contact Peter Helmer, our NHS mindfulness practitioner to sign up at email@example.com
Don’t forget we have a range of mindfulness and relaxation resources including video and audio clips, plus self-help materials and apps you can download.
|Long Covid: Join one of our support groups|
|Are you experiencing Long Covid (Post Covid Syndrome) symptoms? We’re still running three different Long Covid support groups just for staff.
Long Covid CBT Recovery Group for staff – 8 week online course
Speak with others and learn strategies to manage the physical and emotional impact of Long Covid by using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) techniques.
Next dates: new dates starting soon! If you are interested in joining, please complete our self-referral form and tick the Long Covid box.
North West London monthly peer support group for staff
Members of the group can use the space to share ideas, experiences and knowledge about things that have helped and sources of support. The group is facilitated by a qualified Psychologist and Occupational Therapist.
How to join: To register your interest in joining, you will need to email the Keeping Well Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Monthly Mindfulness Group for staff with Long Covid
Experienced NHS mindfulness practitioner Peter Helmer will be facilitating a regular
|mindfulness group for staff affected by symptoms of Long Covid. For more information about Peter, please click here
Meeting ID: 862 3350 1034 Passcode: 553340
|Are you following our latest wellbeing challenges?|
|We are near the end of our Awesome April challenge, keep a look out for our next wellbeing challenge starting in May! Don’t forget you can find all our previous wellbeing challenges here.|
|Invite us to your next staff event or presentation|
|If you would like materials to share with your teams, or for us to give a presentation at a team meeting/hold a session introducing the service, please do get in touch.
Stay up to date with us!
If you would like to receive printed copies of our resources please get in touch with Imogen Sweeney, Keeping Well Senior Communications and Engagement Officer at email@example.com